Subject: Upgrade & Cross-Platform
From: Ted Stethem <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 1996 23:09:12 -0800

Well, I am about to upgrade and cross-platform from Amiga to PC (still 
going to keep using the Amy tho!).
  Don't have NT yet and it may be awhile, so while I understand this is 
the best way to go, I will be installing 4.0 under Win95.
  I have been casually following the threads regarding some of the 
problems with installing 4.0 to the Windose environment.  However, I 
wasn't paying very close attention.  These are the things I believe have 
been discovered by previous pioneers:

1. LW 4.0 overwrites the new Win95 AVI driver with an older version that 
don't work so good?
2. There was a memory "leak" problem but it has been fixed as of Rev. C?
3. The Pennello plug-ins need their directory re-assigned after install?
4. Don't load the Sentinel drivers (option during install)?
5. The FLI/FLC savers don't work?
6. The dongle works with a parallel switch box?

Was this everything or is all of the above correct?  Are there any other 
things to consider or have been discovered at this point?  Would some 
kind soul be willing to provide a concise, correct list of the 
considerations to take when installing to the Win95 environment and any 
confirmed bugs to look out for?  TIA.
VR
- a relativistic photon trying to become a coherent Lightwave